Perspectives after...

A lot of people think that my perspectives have changed after my life threatening experience. It has but not in anyway imagined. It's kind of amazing that I get so many misconceptions about my way of thinking now.

People think that after a life threatening experience, we stop to take things slower, enjoy the moments better and be more careful in everything you do. In some ways that is true but in so many ways that is also wrong.

Let me just say what's important to me now.

I want to work harder. Not because of the money but because I can and because I want to. I do my job because I love the people and I do my photography because I love the job. It's different but both so important to me. I'm also thinking of teaching again. Just because I have things I can teach and I enjoy watching people grow and learn and be better. When learning happens I can proudly say it's because of me.

I slow things down more? Not necessarily. I move some things faster and some slower. Things that matter to me I try to move them slower like precious times with family and friends. Things that are important to me I try to move them faster like my work, my decisions, my commitments.

I'm learning to enjoy what I have instead of wanting what I don't. I think that is important. I'm learning to save not because I want to be rich but because I want to learn more, travel more, experience more, meet more people, help more people and just being able to say I can.

I also can't deny being screwed up sometimes when I lust for somethings. 

Have you ever thought about what's important in your life and what you're willing to sacrifice for it?



Selamat Hari Raya eberibadeh. Pic courtesy of Jimmy Ang Studio & Art
blog concerns
July 29, 2014
0

Search

Recent Comments